We're seeking a skilled IT Administrator to join our growing IT team in our Malta Headquarters. The chosen candidate will play a vital role in configuring, maintaining, and overseeing our company's array of IT resources, including networks, servers, workstations, printers, and cloud services. Your primary responsibility will involve guaranteeing the seamless functionality and optimal performance of our network and associated equipment to cater to the needs of all system users. This will also include the integration and management of any cloud or private cloud services, as needed.
What will you be doing?
- Plan, deploy, configure, and maintain desktops, peripherals, operating systems, standard and custom desktop applications in accordance with the change management process, industry and security best practices.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Ensure the stable operation, availability, reliability, and serviceability of the company's IT services, workstations, networks, and cloud environments.
- Ensure minimum downtime and optimal performance through proactive planning, tuning, troubleshooting, problem diagnosis and monitoring.
- Maintain and improve the IT asset register.
- Utilise and improve our internal ticketing system.
- Assist in nurturing a culture of data and network security within our organisation.
- Collaborate with third party contractors to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Perform system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems. Including first line support to users.
- Manage communication systems.
- Administer and maintain end-user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
Who are you?
- You have 2+ years of network administration or system administration experience.
- You offer a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration or closely related field.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Proficient with Microsoft services.
- Experience in industry standard ticketing systems.
- First-hand experience with monitoring and maintaining networks and end user devices. Exposure to RMM solutions is a plus!
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft, Networking, or other network related fields are a must!
- Relevant experience with Cloud Solutions including configuration, maintenance, and support.
- Experience with physical network equipment such as routers, firewalls, and switches.
- The successful candidate will cater to Tier 1, Tier 2 support.
- Knowledge of centrally managed security services such as antivirus.
- Solid knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including knowledge of security, storage, data protection and disaster recovery protocols.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- A good knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts.
Who we are:
Glitnor Group was created by industry veterans, who have founded and managed several successful businesses over the last decade. We have a global presence with a unique and proven track record of building and nurturing strong brands, culture & work environment. Our vision is to take global leadership and change the competitive landscape for Game Studios, Game Operators and Lead Generation. Check us out! https://glitnor.com/
Glitnor thrives on a flat organisational structure, built on the core belief that work should be a source of positivity. We foster an environment where freedom is coupled with responsibility, empowering individuals to harness their talents and drive professional advancement.